Position: Development / Marketing / Fundraising / Grant Writing / Donor Cultivation
Hours: 20 hours per week, flexible schedule
Reports to: One Yoga Board & Leadership Team
Posted: June 25, 2018
One Yoga is a nonprofit organization located in the Wedge neighborhood of Minneapolis with the mission of offering health and well-being through the practices of yoga, inclusive of people who traditionally lack access. We offer a full schedule of in-studio classes and partner with other nonprofit and social service organizations to provide yoga at various community locations. Through these means we serve over 2,000 students each year.
One Yoga has a collaborative leadership model through which our instructors and staff are empowered to participate in organizational decision-making. This creates a dynamic work environment that practices democratic principles with a focus on communication and collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Development & Marketing Director who can effectively communicate the mission of One Yoga and generate resources to support this important work. The Development & Marketing Director is responsible for donor cultivation, engagement and management; networking with potential funders; identifying grant opportunities; grant writing; planning and coordinating fundraisers and other special events; marketing revenue-generating classes, workshops, and events; developing a fundraising calendar and annual stewardship plan; and participating in the One Yoga Leadership Team – the body that oversees general operations and implementation of the mission.
- Build personal relationships with past and potential individual donors and conduct multiple annual giving drives.
- Conduct fundraising campaigns
- Work with Board members and staff to:
- a) Identify Development prospects
- b) Develop each Board member’s capacity and willingness to be involved in cultivation and solicitation of donors
- c) Provide board members with any materials needed in soliciting donations.
- Establish and maintain a donor recognition process.
Sponsorship Program, Partnerships and Collaborations
- Develop a tiered sponsorship program.
- Identify and attract potential sponsors, partners and other collaborators.
- Maintain regular communication with sponsors, partners and other collaborators.
- Manage the sponsorship categories and tiers scheme as needed.
- Develop the sponsors, partners and collaborators benefits packages.
- Build relationships with values-aligned organizations for mutual support, in concert with the Board and Leadership Team.
- Build relationships with foundations.
- Research and apply for grants.
Planning, Budgeting, Tracking and Reporting
- Lead the process of purchasing, integrating and maintaining a Donor Management System.
- Work with the bookkeeper and other staff to generate reports and provide financial updates regarding donations and grants.
- Prepare an annual Development plan for Board and Leadership Team consideration, which includes recommendations on priorities and management of its execution.
- Prepare the Development area annual budget, and consult as requested on other area budgets, specifying expenses, broken down by categories, and income targets.
Marketing Strategy and Oversight
- Work with Leadership Team to develop organizational marketing strategy and monitor staff implementation of strategy.
- Directly supervise customer-service oriented staff in their promotion of sales / studio attendance.
- Create ads and promotions for revenue-generating classes and workshops, for example using social media and Google ADwords for non-profits
- In collaboration with the Studio Director, oversee, develop, and edit content on the One Yoga website.
- In collaboration with the Studio Director, draft bi-monthly email newsletters.
- At least two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and development
- Marketing and public relations experience
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization and knowledge of nonprofit management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong speaking skills, including interviews, presentations and speeches
- Experience planning, coordinating, and implementing events
- Ability to discuss complex social issues in a thoughtful and sensitive way
- Ability to self-organize and adhere to work deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects without supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as well as take direction from the Board as needed
- Ability to give and receive feedback about work performance or interpersonal issues, and resolve disagreements and conflicts in a cooperative manner
- Familiarity with web development and social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Publisher (or other design software such as InDesign and/or Pages)
- Ability to work well in a team
- Integrity and compassion
- Knowledge of the yoga industry
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Experience using Google ADwords
To Apply – Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open until filled.
One Yoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.