An in-depth curriculum in Yoga, Ayurveda, and Tantra.
The Yoga Studies Program at One Yoga is designed for students and teachers looking to deepen their experience and understanding of Yoga and life. Through personal and group study and practice, we will delve into Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda – a transformative journey of healing, self-discovery and empowerment.
The Yoga Studies curriculum is composed of three 3-month modules intended to be taken sequentially. Each module contains master classes, guided home study and practice, private sessions, personal guidance and community building. The second and third modules also contain a weekend retreat and an Ayurvedic spring cleanse, respectively. Our study and practice will move progressively from the essentials of yoga, through the physical and energetic bodies, to the mind, heart and soul. Students may apply for the whole program, or start by applying for just Module 1. The program includes:
- On-Going Master Classes: Teachings, Practice and Discussion (1 weekend/ month: Friday 6-9 pm, Saturday 12-6 pm, Sunday 1-4 pm)
- Guided Home-Study and Practice (readings, audio recordings and journaling)
- Private Sessions and Personal Guidance
- Community Building Events + Monthly Check-Ins
- Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse (Module 2)
Schedule + Curriculum
MODULE 1: ESSENTIALS OF YOGA: SCIENCE OF SELF-REALIZATION
January 19-21, February 16-18 and March 9-11 (2018)
For many students, yoga consists primarily of physical postures or “asanas”. Asanas are intended to be an entryway into yoga – a science of self-realization through awakening the power of energy, mind, heart and spirit. Module 1 lays the foundation for understanding and applying the larger science of Yoga, so you can experience its power to bring balance, healing and transformation to your life.
- What are Yoga, Tantra & Ayurveda? What are their purposes?
- The history, philosophies and evolution of Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda
- Essential teachings and practices for the physical body
- Asana: The Yoga of Posture
- Anatomy and Physiology: Musculo-Skeletal, Respiratory and Nervous Systems
- Foundations of Pranayama (yogic breathing), meditation and guided relaxation
MODULE 2: AYURVEDA AND TANTRA FOR HEALING AND EMPOWERMENT
April 13-15, May 18-20, June 8-10 (2018)
Module 2 dives deeply into Ayurveda, Tantra and the energetic body. Ayurveda (science of self-healing) guides us to a life of balance and well-being through right diet, lifestyle, self-care, exercise and Yoga. When balanced, Tantra allows us to safely awaken the greater purpose and power of our lives. You’ll be immersed in teachings and practices for the energetic body and the power of prana to transform your life from the inside out. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a one-month Ayurvedic Spring cleanse.
- Ayurveda: Applying the Science of Self-Healing to Your Life
- Tantra: Awakening Sacred Power
- The Energetic Body: Nadis, Prana Vayus, Chakras, Mudras + Bandha, oh my!
- Essential Teachings and Practices for the Energetic Body: Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Yoga Nidra, Meditation/ Kriya and more
- Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse
MODULE 3: YOGA FOR AWAKENING THE HEART AND MIND
July 20-22, August 17-19, September 7-9 (2018)
Module 3 delves into the inner yoga of mind and heart through the study of two great texts of the Yoga tradition: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita. These ancient texts contain many important teachings and practices for finding freedom and fulfillment in life. These include the nature of suffering, karma, love, devotion, meditation and awakening the power of the heart and mind in service of the soul.
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali: The Classical Yoga of Meditation
- The Bhagavad Gita: Heart of a Sacred tradition
- Essential Teachings and Practices for the Mind and Heart: Meditation, Mantra, Self-inquiry, Yoga Nidra, Devotion, Selfless Service and more
- The causes of suffering and their removal
Single Module: $995 or $925 by early bird deadline
Yoga Teacher Discount: Save $75
Full Program (Modules 1, 2, + 3): $2,850 or $2,650 by early bird deadline (1/5/18)
Yoga Teacher Discount: Save $200
Early Bird Deadlines
Full Program / Module 1 – 1/5/2018
Module 2 – 3/15/2018
Module 3 – 6/15/2018
Yoga Teacher Discount
Available for certified yoga teachers, teaching 3 or more classes per week
Space is limited and will be allocated in the order applications and deposits are received and approved. Once approved, the deposit is non-refundable and will be applied toward the cost of tuition. To qualify for the early bird rate, participants must be paid in full by the above listed date.
We will order books wholesale for the group at the beginning of the course. The cost of books will be about $75 in addition to the course tuition.