A 9-month program of deep study & self-transformation. This Weekend Program begins February 17, 2017.
This intensive program is intended for anyone interested in deepening their experience and understanding of Yoga. Through dedicated study and practice, students will be guided on a transformative journey of healing, self-discovery and empowerment. We will delve into the teachings and practices of Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda as a means to awaken our potential for meaning, happiness and freedom.
Weekend Program Schedule
The Weekend Program meets one weekend every month from February through October, 2017. The first meeting of the Yoga Studies Weekend Program is Friday, February 17 through Sunday, February 19, 2017.
The program schedule and dates are listed below.
Friday: 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
(break from 1:00–2:00 p.m.)
Sunday: 1:00–4:00 p.m.
September 29–October 1
1) Master Classes with Ben Vincent
2) Three private sessions including:
> Personalized Hatha yoga and meditation practice
> Ayurvedic dietary and lifestyle consultation
> Yogic spiritual guidance to uncover and empower your life’s purpose (dharma)
3) Weekend residential retreat
4) Readings, journaling, audio recordings and home practice to support your growth
5) Community-building events and gatherings
Essential Teachings of Yoga
- What are Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda? Why are they relevant?
- History of Yoga
- The Three Refuges of Practice
- Karma, Reincarnation and Samsara
- The Four Desires
- Dukkha: Why do we suffer and how do we overcome suffering?
- Overcoming limiting patterns and conditioning
- Hatha Yoga: Mastering mind and energy through asana, pranayama and meditation
- Meditation: The essential yogic practice for awakening the heart and mind
- Samkhya System
- Yogic Texts: Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita +and Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Ayurveda: The Science of self-healing through balanced living
- Basic Sanskrit
- Shakti: cultivating our power for self-realization
- Koshas: The multi-dimensional nature of being human
Essential Practices of Yoga
- Asana: anatomy, alignment and understanding their function
- Pranayama: cultivating vital energy through the breath
- Mantra: the science of sacred sound
- Ayurveda for balanced living
- Shatkarma: traditional cleansing methods of yoga and ayurveda
- Mudra: sacred seals and gestures
- Kriya: internal and external visualization
- Yoga Nidra
- Vichara: self-Inquiry
- Bandha: energy locks
- Prana, Tejas and Ojas: cultivating the vital essences
- Sankalpa: resolution of the higher self
Early Registration Discount: $2500 (paid In full by January 20, 2017)
Tuition: $2650 (paid in full by February 7, 2017)
Yoga Teacher Discount: $2300 (paid in full by February 2, 2017)
For teachers who have completed a 200-Hour yoga teacher training and are currently teaching two or more classes/week. Please submit proof of certification and teaching with your application.
Space is limited and will be allocated in the order applications are deposits ($300) are received and approved. Once approved, the deposit is non-refundable and will be applied toward the cost of tuition.
We will order books wholesale for the group at the beginning of the course. The cost of books will be about $75 in addition to the course tuition.