Ashtanga Apprenticeship Program
One Yoga invites aspiring Ashtanga teachers to join seasoned Ashtanga Yoga instructor Lynn Thomasberg for a special apprenticeship program beginning this fall. Through this program Lynn will share her 21 years of practice and 19 years of teaching experience to support students in expanding their Ashtanga Yoga teaching skills. The program includes monthly small-group sessions, regular one-on-one meetings with Lynn, and ample opportunities to practice teaching in the led Primary Series and Mysore classes. This program is designed for students with an Ashtanga Yoga practice and at least some teaching experience.
- Assisting and/or observing in the morning Mysore or led Primary Series class approximately once per week. The amount of time assisting/observing will be assigned to each participant according to need.
- Three private one-hour coaching sessions. These sessions may include, for example, a one-on-one adjustment clinic, home or Mysore practice guidance, discussion of readings or study assignments, etc.
- Four teaching clinics of 2-hour duration during which students will have the opportunity to practice teaching and assisting students.Topics to include adjustments and assisting,verbal cueing, body-reading, sanskrit counting, leading an ashtanga class, contraindications, working with beginners, tailoring the sequence for special conditions, etc…
- Participation in a fall Adjustments Workshop with Lynn.
- Flexible curriculum that can be adjusted to meet the individual needs of each student. If a group meeting must be missed by a student, an alternative project will be assigned.
- This program is best suited for those who have completed a 200 hr training (or similar) or have some teaching experience and/or have a regular Ashtanga yoga practice, and want to refine their skills and understanding of the practice and theory of the Ashtanga (please discuss possible exceptions directly with Lynn at email@example.com).
- Required Mysore practice 5x per week either at One yoga, other studio or home practice (please discuss possible exceptions directly with Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Current liability insurance.