An in-depth curriculum in Yoga, Ayurveda, and Tantra.
The Yoga Studies Program at One Yoga is designed for students and teachers looking to deepen their experience and understanding of Yoga and life. Through personal and group study and practice, we will delve into Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda – a transformative journey of healing, self-discovery and empowerment.
The Yoga Studies curriculum is composed of three 3-month modules intended to be taken sequentially. Each module contains master classes, guided home study and practice, private sessions, personal guidance and community building. The second and third modules also contain a weekend retreat and an Ayurvedic spring cleanse, respectively. Our study and practice will move progressively from the essentials of yoga, through the physical and energetic bodies, to the mind, heart and soul. Students may apply for the whole program, or start by applying for just Module 1. The program includes:
- On-Going Master Classes: Teachings, Practice and Discussion (1 weekend/ month: Friday 6-9 pm, Saturday 12-6 pm, Sunday 1-4 pm)
- Guided Home-Study and Practice (readings, audio recordings and journaling)
- Private Sessions and Personal Guidance
- Community Building Events + Monthly Check-Ins
- Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse (Module 2)
Schedule + Curriculum
MODULE 1: ESSENTIALS OF YOGA: SCIENCE OF SELF-REALIZATION
October 26-28, November 16-18, December 14-16 (2018)
For many students, yoga consists primarily of physical postures or “asanas”. Asanas are intended to be an entryway into yoga – a science of self-realization through awakening the power of energy, mind, heart and spirit. Module 1 lays the foundation for understanding and applying the larger science of Yoga, so you can experience its power to bring balance, healing and transformation to your life.
- What are Yoga, Tantra & Ayurveda? What are their purposes?
- The history, philosophies and evolution of Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda
- Essential teachings and practices for the physical body
- Asana: The Yoga of Posture
- Anatomy and Physiology: Musculo-Skeletal, Respiratory and Nervous Systems
- Foundations of Pranayama (yogic breathing), meditation and guided relaxation
MODULE 2: AYURVEDA AND TANTRA FOR HEALING AND EMPOWERMENT
January 11-13, February 7-10 (Winter Retreat), March 8-10 (2019)
Module 2 dives deeply into Ayurveda, Tantra and the energetic body. Ayurveda (science of self-healing) guides us to a life of balance and well-being through right diet, lifestyle, self-care, exercise and Yoga. When balanced, Tantra allows us to safely awaken the greater purpose and power of our lives, through awakening the power of prana (life force). You’ll be immersed in teachings and practices for the energetic body and the power of prana to transform your life from the inside out.
Module 2 also features a four day retreat near Ely, MN (Feb 7-10) focusing on the four desires. We will delve into the yoga’s teachings on the Soul’s purpose in this lifetime, and how to create a life of balance and fulfillment. The retreat will explore the four universal human desires: Purpose, Joy, Freedom and the means to attain them. How do you relate to these uniquely? What stops you from realizing them in your life? How can you overcome the resistances to realizing them? Many students have expressed that this is the most meaningful part of the program.
- Ayurveda: Applying the Science of Self-Healing to Your Life
- Tantra: Awakening Sacred Power
- Four Desires Retreat: Creating a life of Purpose, Joy, Prosperity and Freedom
- The Energetic Body: Nadis, Prana Vayus, Chakras, Mudras + Bandha, oh my!
- Essential Teachings and Practices for the Energetic Body: Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Yoga Nidra, Meditation/ Kriya and more
MODULE 3: YOGA FOR AWAKENING THE HEART AND MIND
April 5-7, May 3-5, June 7-9 (2019)
Module 3 delves into the inner yoga of mind and heart through the study of two great texts of the Yoga tradition: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita. These ancient texts contain many important teachings and practices for finding freedom and fulfillment in life. These include the nature of suffering, karma, love, devotion, meditation and awakening the power of the heart and mind in service of the soul.
We will also incorporate a month long Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse, casting off the dregs of winter and allowing our bodies and minds to purified and revitalized.
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali: The Classical Yoga of Meditation
- The Bhagavad Gita: Heart of a Sacred tradition
- Essential Teachings and Practices for the Mind and Heart: Meditation, Mantra, Self-inquiry, Yoga Nidra, Devotion, Selfless Service and more
- Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse
Module 1: $995 or $950 by early bird deadline of 9/10/18
Module 2: $1295 or $1250 by early bird deadline of 12/15/18
Module 3: $995 or $950 by early bird deadline of 3/15/19
Full Program (Modules 1, 2, + 3): $2,750
Yoga Teacher Discount (Modules 1, 2, + 3): $2,450 for the full program (for certified yoga teachers, teaching 3 or more classes per week)
Space is limited and will be allocated in the order applications and deposits are received and approved. Once approved, the deposit is non-refundable and will be applied toward the cost of tuition. To qualify for the early bird rate, participants must be paid in full by the above listed date.
We will order books wholesale for the group at the beginning of the course. The cost of books will be about $75 in addition to the course tuition.